SDA Massachusetts & Rhode Island Regional Meeting
32 members attended our July meeting! Thank you again, Cheryl Rezendes, for offering us your beautiful studio and classroom for our meeting. Cheryl mentioned that she has a wonderful line up of workshops coming up this Fall, taught by both her and other fiber artists in the Western Massachusetts area. You can contact Cheryl at email@example.com to be on her mailing list for future notifications of classes.
- 2011 SDA Juried Member Exhibition Guidelines will be posted this week. We have three months to prepare our best work and digital images for our show. 2D and 3D work, as well as wearable art, is encouraged. Work must be done within the last 2 years. Maximum size for entries is 72 inches high by 45 inches wide.
- Our next regional meeting will be on October 24th, hostessed by Barbara Poole and held at Bead & Fiber in Boston. Details to come, once all is planned.
- 2011 regional meeting dates will be posted in our next bulk email.
- Our Yahoo group is an important place to get SDA communications in between the bulk emails that you receive. Not only that, you can post about car pooling to the regional meetings or ask for help on a topic or anything else that you would like assistance on. If you are new to a Yahoo group and want help on how to navigate through the options and post a message, please contact Sue Bleiweiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email me with information on local shows, adding your name to our members’ list of blogs or web sites or anything that you feel that other SDA members would like to know, especially some of the resources that were being talked about during the meeting.
Janet Hadingham discussed and showed us the basics of how to use Photoshop on her Mac. Others with a PC offered help with using them and Photoshop Elements. This was a timely program, especially now that SDA is using Juried Art Services for submissions to the Member Exhibitions at the 2011 SDA Conference. We also discussed how important it is to get good quality images from a professional photographer.
Show & Tell
Enjoy this slideshow of the Show & Tell from our meeting. The diversity of fiber art and surface design is just so wonderful and inspirational!