The Brush Art Gallery & Studios in Lowell, MA presents:
MASSACHUSETTS ARTISTS 2015 — SHOWCASE OF CONTEMPORARY ART
Open to all artists living, or working in MA. Deadline: March 21st.
Exhibition dates: April 18 – June 6, 2015.
For more details and application form, click here.
Digital Alchemy: Quilt Makers + Spoonflower.com
A juried exhibition, to premiere at the 2015 International Quilt Market & Festival; Houston, Texas.
Digital fabrics, printed on-demand by companies like Spoonflower.com, offer opportunities for self-expression quilters have not accessed before. This exhibition, sponsored by Spoonflower.com, seeks to showcase the myriad and exciting ways quilters use digitally printed fabrics.
Submissions close April 5, 2015.
Exhibition dates: October 23 – November 1, 2015.
For more details and to apply, click here.
Help support SDA member Betty Vera in fundraising for The North Adams Makerspace, called Makers’ Mill.
Makers’ Mill is expected to open in downtown North Adams as early as April, with two initial studio areas during Phase 1: Printmaking and Fiber. As Makers’ Mill grows, we’ll expand to larger physical space and more studio disciplines. To raise start-up funding, we have launched an IndieGoGo fundraising campaign.
As a member of the Makers’ Mill Board, I invite all SDA members to support this creative community initiative in North Adams. Here’s how you can help:
1) Please go to North Adams Makerspace on Facebook, “Like” our page, and keep returning to check on updates.
2) Help us reach our fundraising goal on IndieGoGo! Tax-deductible contributions can be in any amount. Early contributors may receive special perks in appreciation for their support–but these perks are limited in number and may go fast. So please jump on in and help! For your convenience, here is a direct link:
Thanks in advance for your support!
Questions? Please contact Betty Vera, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weave a Real Peace (WARP) is an international networking organization based in the United States. Founded in 1992, WARP offers a forum for those interested in supporting individuals and organizations that strive to maintain long-standing textile traditions as a means for cultural preservation and economic development by fostering a global network of textile enthusiasts, artisans, academics, wholesalers, retailers, tour operators, designers, teachers, and other interested supporters.
Each year WARP awards Alice Brown Memorial Scholarships to attend the annual meeting. The recipients should be 35 years old or under and be pursuing a career path related to textiles. The ideal candidates should be either a full or part-time student, or a recent graduate. The committee will also consider applicants pursuing non-traditional career paths. The application deadline is March 31, 2015.
Visit website for more details – http://weavearealpeace.org/alice-brown-memorial-scholarship/
Here are a few dates that you may find interesting –
1. HGA Small Expressions deadline tomorrow 2/24: http://www.weavespindye.org/small-expressions?utm_source=2015-Sm-Ex_Call-for-entries&utm_campaign=SmExCall-2015&utm_medium=email
2. Please don’t forget to fulfill your pledge by this Sunday 3/1: http://www.surfacedesign.org/get-involved/donate-sda
3. Chapter meeting at New Bedford Art Museum Saturday 3/7 11 AM, along with Contemporary Paper Arts Lecture Series from 1-3 PM.
4. Several exhibits still on display in our area – don’t forget to check out the Classes/Exhibits/Events page on the blog, including:
Organic to Geometric Investigations in Structure and Surface,
A Group Exhibition Representing the Work of 19 Contemporary Artists
at Endicott College in Beverly, MA on display until March 20th.
If you pledged to support SDA in 2015, please fulfill your pledge by March 1st.
To donate online via Paypal, click here: http://www.surfacedesign.org/get-involved/donate-sda
If you prefer to mail in your check, please mail it to: Surface Design Association, PO Box 20430, Albuquerque, NM 87154.
If you prefer to pay by phone using a credit card, please call: 707-829-3110.
Thank you for your support!